D-Star Barney Agility
Installing NATools on Windows 8+
(Win8, Win8.1, Win10 etc.)
When installing NATools with the "Complete" option, a driver will be
installed, but there are sometimes issues. Starting with Windows 7,
Digitally Signed drivers are required, and with Windows 8 and later versions, modified drivers are
rejected, at least when using 64 bit Windows. So special steps are needed.
- Install NATools without drivers
- Using "Run as Administrator",
launch the NATools .exe file (example: natools32-1.0.15.exe)
(An easy way is to right-click on the exe file and
choose "Run as Administrator")
- Choose Custom Install
- Uncheck the Drivers option
- Proceed with the installation
- Reboot Windows
- Disable driver signing (following courtesy of Jon Laslow,
from his article "Disable driver signature enforcement in windows 8")
- For Windows 8
- From the Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the
bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to
appear, then click the Gear icon).
- Click ‘Change PC Settings’.
- Click ‘General’.
- Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
- Wait a bit.
- Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Click ‘Advanced Options’
- Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
- Click Restart.
- Type “7” for ‘Disable driver signature enforcement’
- For Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and later versions of
- When returned to the desktop, start the NATools install setup again, but
this time choose Modify and *ONLY* select the driver.
- When the installation completes, NATools and the driver should be ready
Copyright © 2009-2015 James M. Moen. All